The fire table below has a propane burner and is not configured correctly. That is why you will see soot (carbon monoxide) the black stuff on the glass. If you purchased a table from one of these clowns that have you connect a propane tank to a burner ring, you will have problems. We use all the proper safety valves and air mixers to insure a clean and safe burn. See our propane page. We are the only company manufacturing a propane burner that is safe and built correctly for these fire tables when you are using our glass. The glass used was Starfire Base Glass and Pale Cobalt Blue Topper. Since and after the install we did supply the correct burner and it is burning clean as it should be.
As you can see after burning for about 10 minutes the soot is and will be an issue. Carbon monoxide IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!
below the lava goes on the burner. Then magically the lava disappears! We use the 2" method to save money not gouge the customer as we here this everyday how customers are taken by BS!
The stove below had a set of logs installed, yuk! We used the original burner and just raised the thermocouple to the surface of the glass. The glass will get to about 700 to 750 degrees in about an hour burning at 80,000 btu's. We used a Clear Base Glass, Lagoon Topper and a few Clear Diamonds and Pink Diamonds.