We are the inventors of SAFE FIREGLASS for use in the home, for fireplaces and fire pits and preventing risks to children and pets.
or "CLICK HERE"
or "CLICK HERE"
or "CLICK HERE"
and Patent applications/ pending.
Why is our glass safe?
We have a Patent to make or glass safe by simply tumbling.
Moderustic® is proud to have been issued 4 U.S. Patent Numbers
US patent number #US9700987B1 and US9808905B2
Patents and Patent pending
Covering our method of creating tumbled tempered glass for use in fireplaces and fire pits.
Patent Applications Published 2005, 2006 and 2014.
Our little model is Kennedy, she was walking the shop dog (Priscilla) in the picture on our glass in front of our store.
As you can see, this is the exact reason we came up with this wonderful idea, to make it safe.
It is safe in your fireplace, fire pit, ground cover and even in your aquarium.
Our Glass is SAFE and See Why!
This was not staged, this is in front of our store.
The growing issue is that if the glass you are of have purchased is not safe, then it is not safe, simply put.
C.P.S.C. (Consumer Product Safety Commission) https://www.CPSC.gov/
Report any dangerous products or product related injuries to the above address.
The issue at hand is we manufacture and process tempered glass and it is in accordance with our Patent (see above).
If you are or have purchased any fireplace or fire pit glass and it is sharp, you may have issues.
If you are or have purchased any fireplace or fire pit glass and it is sharp, and you were told it was tumbled and or safe, you may have issues.
If you are or have purchased any fireplace or fire pit glass and it is sharp, but it does not claim to be tumbled, but you were told it is safe, tumbled and or processed, you may have issues. Misleading advertising?
If you are or have purchased any fireplace or fire pit glass and it is sharp, and your children or pets get injured, you may have issues.
Please read our "Patent" and understand why we developed this product to be safe in or out of the household.
Safe to Children and pets alike! (in front of our showroom in California)
See also PDF"S below:
Dangerous products:* Consumer Products Safety Commission.org www.CPSC.org
Ingestion of glass written by Doctors:**
"Dangerous Products written by Doctors" ***
Other links of importance:
"From ‘maybe nothing’ to ‘holy cow’. If the glass shard is from some tempered piece of glass the pieces are generally small and rounded in nature and they MAY pass relatively unharmed. However, depending on the size and shape of a regular piece of glass it may not even make it to your stomach lacerating your tongue, throat, and esophagus and lodging itself in the tissue causing severe bleeding and breathing problems, definitely life threatening. Pray it gets to the stomach without much damage but I would seek emergency medical attention immediately. This type of question should be addressed to your primary physician directly."
Read: Injury from ingested glass particles
A businesswoman was killed when a piece of glass in mustard she ate with a piece of steak pierced an artery.
Fay Wesley, 68, was unable to breathe after her throat started to swell, cutting off her airways when the shard pierced her carotid artery.
The last word she said the her husband, Alan, were 'pat me on the back' before she started panicking and tried to run out of their £300,000 home near Upper Bucklebury, Berkshire.
However, neighbours, including a retired police officer, laid her down in the couple's hallway to calm her down before paramedics arrived.
She was eating mustard from an undamaged jar that contained another 29 pieces of glass, an inquest heard.
It is not known where the glass came from as the substance in the M&S jar labelled English mustard did not match food produced by the shop.
Mrs Wesley had planned a night in on March 14 this year, preparing a meal of steak, peas and dumplings for herself and Mr Wesley, who chose to eat French mustard instead.
As she ate, Mrs Wesley became 'very unwell very quickly' the inquest was told.
Alan, dressed all in black, told the hearing in Newbury, Berkshire: 'She grabbed her throat and said "I’ve got a piece of glass in my mouth" Then she took it out.
'It was about an inch long and a quarter of an inch thick.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2451340/Salon-owner-killed-swallowing-shard-GLASS-mustard-served-steak.html#ixzz5EfaL4Kd4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Brita is recalling about 242,500 popular cartoon icon water bottles, after receiving reports that suggest the hard plastic lids may be prone to breaking or cracking, posing a laceration and choking hazard to children.
The Brita children’s water bottle recall was announced by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) on August 19, following at least 35 reports of problems with the cracking or breaking into sharp pieces that could cause lacerations to the lips.
The bottles may pose a laceration hazard to children while they are drinking from the bottles, but could also cut adults and caregivers if the hard plastic cracks while washing the lids. In addition to laceration hazards, the bottles may also pose a choking hazard if a sharp piece of plastic breaks off while the child is drinking from the bottle.
The recall includes four designs of Brita’s hard-sided water filter bottles for children that stand about 6 inches tall and hold 15 ounces of liquid. The cartoon bottles and colors included in the recall are violet Dora the Explorer cups with UPC code 60258-35883, pink Hello Kitty cups with UPC Code 60258-35914, blue SpongeBob Square Pants cups with UPC Code 60258-35880, and green Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cups with UPC Code 60258-35882. The plastic bottles were sold with white plastic screw-off lids, a fold-up straw, and filters that sit inside the straw below the lid. In addition to the cartoon characters each bottle bears the BRITA logo.
The recalled cartoon bottles were manufactured in Mexico under BRITA LP, of Oakland, California. They were sold at Walmart, Target, Alaska Housewares, Associated Food Stores, Bartell Drug, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Quidsi, Royal Ahold, Shopko, US Navy Exchange, and online at Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, and Target.com.
Hold that lime wedge for your Corona, at least until you check the code number on the neck of the bottle. Constellation Brands, which imports the Mexican beer, is recalling select packages of Corona Extra in the United States because bottles may contain small particles of glass. The recall covers 12-ounce clear glass bottles in select six-pack, 12-pack and 18-pack packages containing bottles with specific production codes. A Constellation spokesman said the problem originated with a third-party company that supplies bottles to the brewery in Mexico. She said the problem of tiny glass shards in the beer was estimated to affect only 1 percent of the bottles shipped. Consumers are asked to call Constellation's hot line for a refund if they purchased bottles with the specific production codes.
Six packs of bottled Corona beer, produced by Anheuser-Busch InBev NV, sit on display in a store in Paris, France, on Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015. AB Inbev is planning to sell bonds worth as much as $55 billion to finance its $106 billion takeover of SABMiller Plc, setting a record for debt issuance to fund a corporate acquisition, according to people familiar with the matter.
Beer maker Corona issued a recall on some of its products after finding something other than limes in the bottle.
Routine quality assurance inspections revealed that there were small shards of glass in some 12-pack and 18-pack bottles, with deposit labels in the U.S. and Guam, according to Corona’s U.S. owner Constellation Brands.
Corona did not disclose the number of bottles affected but said it was a relatively small proportion. Constellation, based in Victor, N.Y., says it hasn’t received reports of customers being injured by glass.
“The safety and well-being of consumers is our top priority and we take matters pertaining to the quality of our products very seriously,” said Paul Hetterich, president of Constellation Brands Beer Division. “We’re committed to doing everything possible to complete this recall quickly and ensure the safety of our consumers and integrity of our products.”
What Happens When Glass Is Swallowed?
When glass is swallowed, it can cause complications, as the sharp edges can tear the tissues, particularly those in the esophagus, and can end up causing an infection according to Drugs.com. Glass pieces can also get lodged into various areas of the gastrointestinal tract, such as positions at the level of the collarbone, at the center of the chest and just where the esophagus leads into the stomach. To prevent further damage, it is important to seek immediate medical attention and have the glass pieces removed immediately, especially if they are stuck."
There are companies who think it is just fine to sell FireGlass and it not be tumbled/ processed to be made safe. Is this because of profit? Very few if any companies advertise they do process and or tumble to make the product safe as we do and always have. Please make sure your product you have purchased is safe not only for you but for anyone who may come into contact of the product.
Our Claim is that we have invented/ developed a safe, innovative alternative product for in and around the household.
Did you purchase because it cost less? Do you support "Bootleg" products?
Is safety not your first and foremost concern?